Officially it was Day 1 of MWC today, but a flurry of big news hit yesterday, and even earlier last week, as brands looked to get a news cycle to themselves.
So if you missed it, here’s a quick recap of some of the bigger news. We’ll also cover off other interesting stories as the week rolls on.
- HTC (supported by our wonderful team) took the show by storm with a strong trio of announcements, including the HTC One M9 and the HTC Grip.
- But that wasn’t all, HTC then stunned the world with a partnership with Valve to release a top-tier Virtual Reality headset and platform, the HTC Vive.
- Samsung redesigned the Galaxy S model, and introduced curved glass to the Galaxy S 6 edge
- Smartwatches are actually attractive now, led by the Huawei Watch.
- Google entered the arena with confirmation from Senior Vice President Sundar Pichai that the company plans to launch its own mobile network. Of course this news has riled the Skynet theorists…
Later in the week, we’ll post our thoughts on the various MWC announcement strategies.