Today we launched a new face for Nelson Bostock, bringing together the agency, team, clients and our work in a way that allows us proudly to tell you more about the impact we’re making in the world.
When Roger Nelson and Martin Bostock set up the agency back in 1987, they intended to generate pitch perfect PR work for clients, but also to build a business where employees felt valued and respected – and had fun. The duo first met in El Vino, the media haunt on Fleet Street. Martin was serving, Roger was drinking. Armed with a shared vision, Amstrad word processor and fax machine they set to work in an attic on the Portobello Road. Among their very first clients were Toshiba, American Express and Sega!
Nelson Bostock has grown through understanding and innovation to meet our clients’ needs, but the values they instilled remain true to this day. We are ambitious, honest, open, proud and creative. Their focus on the ‘work’ and on the well-being of all employees is still what makes Nelson Bostock thrive today.
For over 30 years we’ve brought life to our clients’ innovations. From printers to robots, desktops to wearables, SaaS to AI, we’ve built tech leaders. A few highlights:
- 30+ years with Toshiba – one of Roger and Martin’s first ever clients, we supported the brand with their famous ad campaign in the 80s ‘hello Tosh, gotta Toshiba’. Today our work is integrated – spanning PR, social and content marketing
- 20+ years with Canon – from running the celebrated ‘The Other Side of the Lens’ campaign in 2003 which launched an online gallery of exhibition pictures taken for charity by celebrities, including Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie and Kate Moss. Through to developing an industry-first in-housing model to deliver PR and content marketing across EMEA in a truly integrated way with the client team
- 10+ years with EE – from launching the brand into the market to drone racing around Wembley and, of course, being the first to launch 5G in the UK
- 5+ years with Twilio – establishing the cloud communications leader in the UK market and evolving its user base – from developers to CIOs
- 5+ years with BT – fielding press office enquiries, communicating the rebrand and promoting their important digital skills support during the pandemic
- 4+ years with Google Cloud – bringing technology stories to the market through product innovation and customer storytelling, such as their work with ZSL
- 3+ years with GoCardless – announcing 2 rounds of funding and taking this brilliant business to “nearly Unicorn” status
Ben Smith at PR Moment recently described us as “the quiet man of tech PR”. And perhaps that is true. We are always inclined to shout about others before ourselves. But, at the same time, we’re very proud of our work and our incredible clients. So, please take a closer look. We are not so quiet any more.